What to Expect After Microneedling
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that has been gaining popularity in recent years. It involves using a device to create tiny punctures in the skin, stimulating the skin’s natural healing process and increasing collagen production. Microneedling can improve the appearance of acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and other skin issues.
Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that can provide significant results with minimal downtime. If you’ve recently had a microneedling treatment or are considering microneedling, it is important to know what to expect afterward in order to maximize your results and minimize any discomfort during your microneedling healing.
So, what can you expect after microneedling? Immediately after the procedure, your skin will look and feel sunburned. This is normal and will subside within a few hours. You may also experience some redness and swelling, which should also resolve itself within a day or two. Your skin might be extra sensitive for a few days following the procedure.
Here are a few things you can do to reduce redness after microneedling and speed up healing time:
- Apply a cool compress: This will help soothe any irritation and reduce redness.
- Avoid sunlight: Exposure to sunlight can irritate the skin and cause further inflammation. If you are in the sun, wear sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Keep the area clean: Gently wash the treated area with soap and water twice a day. Avoid exfoliating your skin too roughly or using harsh cleansers, as this can irritate the skin.
- Avoid picking or scratching: It’s important to resist the temptation to pick or scratch at the treated area. This can cause further irritation and even lead to scarring.
- Use a gentle moisturizer: It is important to keep your skin hydrated during this time by applying a gentle, light, oil-free moisturizer several times a day to keep the skin hydrated and to promote healing.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure a speedy microneedling recovery time.
Within a week or two, you’ll see visible results, as new collagen is produced and your skin heals. Your skin will look and feel smoother, brighter, and more youthful. Most people need three to six sessions spaced four to six weeks apart to achieve their desired results. Maintenance treatments may be necessary once or twice a year to keep your skin looking its best.
Microneedling is a great way to improve the appearance of your skin. To learn more about The Lookshop’s microneedling treatment services in Forsyth, GA, call us today at 478.347.8840 to schedule a consultation or schedule an appointment at our aesthetics studio.